
This is Sugar and Cinnamon our 2 EE's... dont know exactly how old they are, but I think they are 3 -4 weeks younger than our BO's. I was thinking they should be getting close to laying anytime... I even heard Cinnamon singing the egg song about 2 weeks ago... then yesterday she was being very nosy in the coop with the nestboxes so I knew it would be... ANY time :) I went to collect eggs earlier today and Cinnamon and Sugar were in the coop... Cinnamon had made her a nest on the coop floor in the corner kind of hidden by a bale of hay and Sugar was just sitting there be side her... and I just had a good feeling that today was going to be the day, so I left her alone, sat on the swing and waited... well Sugar must have gotten bored because she got up and sat on the roost for a while, then went out into the chicken run and yard to peck around. Bout 30 mins. later I hear Cinnamon singing the egg song, then couple mins later here she comes out of the coop and I go in to find......... her 1st egg! The color is a very lite sea green, its soooo pretty! Now we are just waiting on Sugar to lay, I'm sure she'll be any day now.................





Our Egg Colors...
BO's, RIR's, EE's and Bantams
You get a bunch of eggs each day! How many chickens do you have?
ReplyDeleteWe ended up getting 25 eggs yesterday... that the most so far! We have been getting anywhere from 18-24 eggs a day :) We have 29 girls, 3 roosters, 5/6 guineas (one of the neighbors likes to hang with ours) and the 6 new chickies... so thats... 44 all togethers, lol.
ReplyDelete