Wednesday, January 11, 2012

German Pancake

Seen this German Pancakes recipe on Katiegirl blog this mornin & thought I'd give it a try. Its really good, reminds me of french toast. It would be good with cooked crumbed sausage or bacon added to it before you bake it ;)



German Pancake Recipe
Preheat oven to 400* F

1/4 cup real butter
1 cup goats milk
4 fresh eggs
1 tsp almond (Katiegirl used vanilla)
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp sugar
pinch of salt

1. Place butter in an 8" cast iron skillet and place in the oven to heat pan and melt butter.
2. Combine milk, eggs, and vanilla in bowl and mix well.
3. Add flour, sugar, and salt and mix until smooth.
4. Remove cast iron pan from the oven and pour in batter.
5. Bake for ~18 minutes until browned and puffy.

Then you can wait for it to collapse/cool a tad and serve with syrup, powdered sugar, etc.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, almond flavor would be great in it! And definitely sounds good with bacon or something added to it also! I made one with cinnamon and it was good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I am thinking a few chopped nuts to go with some pure maple syrup topping would be excellent too. Sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a similar recipe the other night. I added 'cream cheese extract' and it was AWESOME! Then we covered it in sauteed apples in cinnamon and dusted with powdered sugar. I think we'll be making this monthly from now on. I want to find a savory version to fill with turkey sausage & Scrambled eggs. Mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so good. I'm going to try it with Gluten Free Flour..See how it comes out..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.