Friday, August 21, 2009

My Morning in the Coop Waiting for Eggs...

So I spent my morning in the coop waiting and watching for them to lay... I was in there from 6:30 -10:00ish! Within that whole time they gave us 2 eggs, lol. A RIR laid hers around 8:00, then a BO laid around 8:40 and by 10:00 I was ready to come in...

One of our RIR's... Penny... she was VERY camera shy yesterday. I knew she was needing to lay and she just wouldnt do it with me watching, lol. So I walked out of the coop for about 2 seconds to talk to Brian and thats when she laid her egg!

Penny's egg...

Sally Sue sat on my leg alot yesterday morning and if he wasnt on my leg he was beside me or under my legs... lol. Guess he had to keep an eye on me :)

Now this was so cool... I actually got to watch this BO lay her egg! Its the one on the left, the other one is Penny's egg.

Some of the peanut gallery, lol

Here is another RIR... she would sing the egg song all morning, then go in and out of nestboxes...

Then she flew up top where I have hay stored. (on top of the nestbox area) and made a nice nest...

But she didnt lay an egg... think she was being shy too :)

This BO was thinking about laying an egg too...

Here she is in a nestbox and she was really making a good nest...
later when I went back to the coop to check for more eggs I found a BIG egg in this box, so my guess is she laid it. Turned out to be a double yolker :)

So all together the girls gave us 4 eggs yesterday... check out the BIG one at the end!

Store egg, Our BIG egg

1 comment:

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.