Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Yummy Veggie Dinner...

Oooo I love havin a garden & I love eatin veggie dinners



Squash patties, oven roasted green beans, jalapeno cornbread & beets

Zucchini/Squash Patties

2 cups grated zucchini
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste
vegetable or canola oil
*old bay is good to throw in the mix too :)

Directions: In medium bowl, combine the zucchini, onion, flour, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese and salt. Stir well to distribute evenly, Add beaten eggs and mix well.

Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop zucchini mixture by the heaping tabelspoonsfuls, spread out to make nice round thin patty (if necessary), and cook a few minutes on each side until golden brown.

*Follow directions a few times, then make it your way, I just through stuff in, mix & cook.

** These are so good. When we have ripe tomatoes I put a slice on each of my patties on my plate, I also drizzle ranch & hot sauce on my own.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy, I will have to try it. I have plenty of zuchinni and squash from the garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.