If you havent heard... I have 2 Kinder Dairy Goats. I started milkin em on 9/10... the girls & I have had our ups & downs this week with milkin & alot of it had to do with me not having a milkin stand... you see thats the way they are use to being milked. Well we fought during milkin time for 3 days, then on 9/13 my wonderful handyman husband built me a milkin stand (I'm gonna post about this on my
Our Little Farm blog) by takin down & usin some of our back porch, Thanks Honey.

This pic was taken the 1st day I started milkin

My milkin stand is great, I love it. I love the fact that I dont have to fight with the girls... we still have to build the head thing & feeder tray. But for now this works. Since 9/10 I've gotten about 2 gallons of goats milk, I think thats pretty cool. Check out the
goats cheese I made. I plan on makin some more today... I really like it.
*Shoot Me! It's time to stop hiding behind that camera of yours. Your family is missing you in the picture. So it's time to post a picture of YOU (yes, you) every Thursday with your child, your spouse, your friend, your dog, or even by yourself. Just get in the picture, you'll be glad you did! And just jump in now with 1 of 52, you can do it
Wow..very interesting...I am learning a little about goats due to the fact that my daughter has two Nigerian drawf goats...for now they are like pets...but she plans to mate them in the near future. She may even start the milking process. They are cute little things and come running to you when you go near their pen.
ReplyDeleteHow cool is that?! And making cheese already! The girls will happily come to the stand for milking if they get a little sweet feed while you milk. So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteHow bout that? Your hubby is so crafty! Milk em' away!!
ReplyDeleteWhoo hoo!
ReplyDelete