Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Goat Milk Yogurt Is Done

The link to how I made my goats milk yogurt is posted H-E-R-E check it out & make yourself some, its really good. I let let mine cook in the heatin pad for 12-13 hours. I've already got another quart from todays milkin in the works. I also made more farmers cheese with 2 quarts this mornin. I saved the whey, using 2 cups of it in Amish white bread I'm bakin today & Piper was one lucky farm kitty she got a nice warm bowl of whey for breakfast.

Even though the yogurt turned out pretty think I went ahead & drained about 1/2 of it through a coffee filter to make it supper thick like Greek yogurt.

See how thick it turned out & I only used 2T of store bought starter.


I couldnt wait I went ahead & fixed me a bowl for breakfast

You will need to add sweetener to your own bowls... I like to use some of my jams or toppings, this mornin I'm using my canned cherry topping & sliced almonds... yum yum good!


Cherry Topping
It was suppose to be jam but it didnt thickin enough so its topping now :)

1 comment:

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.