Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Baked Zucchini Parmesan

 This was dinner tonight and its made just like Baked Eggplant Parmesan . Its so good, I love it! I even made some hm pasta sauce from our orange & red cherry tomatoes. Oven roasted colorful carrots freshly picked from Our Little Farms garden  yesterday. Dinner was wonderful :)









Baked Zucchini Parmesan
(to read original recipe click H-E-R-E )


Ingredients


Zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (about eight) (I used 1 large zucchini)
2 eggs, beaten
Italian break crumbs or make your own.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes (I didnt use tonight in my recipe)
1 (25-ounce) jar pasta sauce ( I used my hm pasta sauce)
shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese


Method

Preheat oven with a baking sheet inside to 375°F. Coat zucchini slices with beaten egg, then bread crumbs. Spread oil on hot baking sheet and place eggplant slices on it in a single layer. Bake 15 minutes, flip and bake another 10 minutes.

Increase oven temperature to 475°F. In an 8 x 10-inch ovenproof dish, layer pasta sauce, then zucchini, and top with cheeses. Repeat, finishing with cheese. Bake until the cheese melts and turns golden in spots, about 15 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm trying to catch up on my blog reading, and just saw this. You've made my mouth water so much! I now can't wait for the zucchini. Come on little plants, grow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.