Found 3 eggs yesterday morning... (4 by the end of the day)
see the little egg on the right. I'm positive it came from our little Chipmunk (Silver Duckwing OEG Bantam), she laid it on top of our nest box area where I have the hay stored and when I took it away she kept looking for it, then a few minutes later I found her in one of the nest boxes sitting on a golf ball and when I move it away she would move it right back under her so I thought she might be going broody (but I really dont think so now) cause alittle while later there was alittle bantam egg in the nest... guess she just needed to lay and egg :) Then I got to thinking... I guess she laid 2 eggs for the day,I read some chickens can do that? Cool...
see the little egg on the right. I'm positive it came from our little Chipmunk (Silver Duckwing OEG Bantam), she laid it on top of our nest box area where I have the hay stored and when I took it away she kept looking for it, then a few minutes later I found her in one of the nest boxes sitting on a golf ball and when I move it away she would move it right back under her so I thought she might be going broody (but I really dont think so now) cause alittle while later there was alittle bantam egg in the nest... guess she just needed to lay and egg :) Then I got to thinking... I guess she laid 2 eggs for the day,I read some chickens can do that? Cool...
Today we got five, and one duck egg. That's our best.Most of ours are five months old and I think cochins take a little longer to start laying. Hope your hens keep up the good work!!! Scared to eat the duck egg!!!
ReplyDeleteNice... I've never had a duck egg, put my uncle said they are good :)
ReplyDelete