Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Sister Stephanie's Story...

This is my sister Stephanie and alittle about her life, through my eyes... she has schizophrenia and it all came out 10 years ago this Oct. Its been really hard these past 10 years and its really sad to see your sister go through something like this. She lost her life the weekend this happen, its really been hell! They've told us that with her disease it only gets worst every year and boy have they been right, The past couple of years have been BAD! She is in and out of the hospital so much I've lost count years ago. She is always messing up her medicine, so then the whole ugly cycle starts over! Its really crazy. She is not able to live on her own, but has no where to go and we have no idea how or what to do. In all honestly the hospital/government... whoever has not done shit for her! I'm really disappointed in it all, I just dont get how the hospitals will just let a mentally ill person out on the streets... one of these days something really bad is going to happen to my sister or someone else and whos fault will it be? Not hers... 7 Counties? The hospital that just let her out?

She just got out of Nortons yesterday... NOBODY called us the whole time she was in there to let us know anything and if we try to call they wont tell us anything, then they just let her out to walk the streets of Downtown!!! Anything could of happened to her... All I can say is God is watching over her! What are we suppose to do...............

When Steph and Paul got married... she was pretty good this day and looked very pretty, I did her hair and make up...

Mothers Day 04... Steph pregnant with Logan

Steph almost ready to pop with Logan, lol

Steph right after she had Logan... she wasnt doing too good here

Paul, Steph, Cody and Logan

Baby shower after Logan was born... Steph wasnt doing too good at this time.

The Sista's
Mom and us kids...

Steph in labor with Christina... really not doing good at this time!


5 days after Christina was born cps stepped in and took Logan and Christina away from Steph and Paul. They asked us to take them in, Stephanie had to go back into the hospital... we raised them like our own kids for 9 months... then the courts took them back from us and gave them to their Dad (Paul). That broke my heart and was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do! Because I knew they would have a better life with us and a safe stable home......... I still dont understand but its in Gods hands and he is watching over them.

1st time Steph got to see Christina since she was taken away... it was a very hard and difficult situation we where all put in... I love my sister but I just wanted the best for Christian and Logan.

Halloween 06

Steph and her family...
We have custody of Cody and Paul has Custody of Logan and Christina

Steph and Christina
"Thanksgiving"

Steph and Logan... "Family Cookout"

Steph and Cody...
Cody was only 6 when this 1st happened to Steph, hes had a very hard, unstable life up until Jan. 2008 when cps stepped in again and took him away from Paul, once again they called us and asked if we would take him in... if we didnt then they would have put him in a foster home, we didnt want that so we did what we felt was the right thing to do and took him in... He's adjusted really great to our way of life and I hope he learns alot about family life from us. He's 16 now, so in about 3 years he will be on his own, living his own life :)



5 comments:

  1. Just letting you know I,m praying for you and your family. Your in a tough situation. Glad you have GOD on your side. God bless you,and I'm praying everything will work out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you... I pray for her all the time and for us to know how to deal with this. Its very hard and sad and I dont even try to understand why this happened to her or our family... I just hand it all over to God and be there for her when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry your family has to struggle with these issues. We have schizophrenia in my family and its hard. I thoroughly believe God has put you in your nephews life for a reason. What a wonderful opportunity your family has to make a difference in his life. You show amazing strength!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Debbie...
    I've always been the rock in my family (with my mom, 2 sisters and brother), and God has truly blessed me for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, I hadn't ever read this. I know we'd talked about it briefly. My heart goes out to you and your sister. As you know, my sister is bi-polar and takes a spectacular amount of medicine to keep her sane. We are very blessed in that she does stay on her meds because she is very very unstable and psychotic when she is off them. I think mental illness is the worst type of illness, far above physical illnesses! Love you and will keep you in our prayers as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.