Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Eggs...

Easters Tomorrow...
So yesterday I tried to dye some eggs the natural way. I even blew them out so I could keep them forever... or until someone breaks them, lol. I've NEVER blew out eggs before, hard work but pretty cool, think I'll do some more later down the road and next time I'll use a syringe inside of my mouth... its alittle, ok ALOT hard on your cheeks!

The 12 eggs I decided to use... of course I think their already pretty!

I shook up the egg, trying to scramble the insides, then I very carefully pushed a thumbtack through both ends and then pushed a toothpick through the holes and wiggled it around to break up the insides...
I blew til I was seeing spots and this is all that was coming out, lol

So then I learned if you could get alittle out, cover the top hole and shake, then blow some more and it would shoot right out, lol

Ta daaaaa.... My 1st one... 11 more to go, Oh My!

So over all I did pretty good for my 1st time... only 2 messed up and cracked while I was pushing the toothpicks through.

I looked up stuff on how to naturally dye Easter eggs, heres some of the things I tried to use... beet juice, onion skins, dried mustard, raw spinach leaves and alittle purplish wine we've had FOREVER.... you have to boil some water, add vinegar and what your using to dye your eggs with and let them soak. Might could have turned out WAY better, they kind of look like marbled eggs or something. I think it would work better if I would have left them whole and boiled them with their dye but I wanted to keep them. I think I'll try again next Easter when I'm better prepared.

I only dyed the back roll and one egg didnt make it...
Ooops I broke the 1st one, lol

Post From My Other Blog...
Happy Easter From The Chickies

Blog from about a year ago...
Happy Easter From The Yates House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.