Between takin care of my family/animals, cookin & crochetin I'm a busy girl... Heres Whats Been Going On In My Kitchen The Past Few Days...
(we've made hm cake donuts too but thats for another post, lol)
(we've made hm cake donuts too but thats for another post, lol)
Got this chicken casserole idea from Tina over at a.k.a Gramma I chunked my chicken up, instead of leavin it whole, I used a whole box of stuffin and used shredded mixed cheese instead of the swiss, had to use what I had on hand.
And This is another Goodwife recipe, I love this cake! I've made it with my wildberries, this time I used Cherries (had alittle baggie frozen that a friend gave me last summer), alittle wildberries/strawberries I had frozen too. I also used whole wheat flour for half the recipe. Then I didnt have any nuts so I looked around the pantry and found some Heath Coffee Toffee bits and replaced the nuts with that... hummm hummm good.
Cow Pattie Recipe... (they're just no bake cookies, but the names cooler, found this recipe in the Kentucky Living magazine)
2 c. sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 c evaporated milk
1/2 c. peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
2 T. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups oatmeal , uncooked (I used old fashioned)
Mix sugar, milk & butter in saucepan, bring to boil, boil for 1 min. Remove from heat stir in peanut butter & vanilla. Stir in cocoa & oatmeal. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
*Leave out cocoa for just peanut butter cow patties... taste like fudge to us
2 c. sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 c evaporated milk
1/2 c. peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
2 T. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups oatmeal , uncooked (I used old fashioned)
Mix sugar, milk & butter in saucepan, bring to boil, boil for 1 min. Remove from heat stir in peanut butter & vanilla. Stir in cocoa & oatmeal. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper.
*Leave out cocoa for just peanut butter cow patties... taste like fudge to us


I was just gonna say we call those no bake cookies, but cow patties are better! I'm going to make that cake with some whole wheat flour next time too. I just love the richness that whole wheat gives! I'll bet that cake was good with toffee bits and those mixed berries!
ReplyDeleteI do think the apple cake I just made up would be too dry with wheat flour. I'm gonna have to tweak it a bit to see....