
I made these last Wednesday and theyre all gone! But thats ok, I'm bakin another batch today :)
Recipe
2 fresh eggs, beaten
1 cup oil (I use coconut, melted)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini (I use some I had froze last summer)
2 cups flour, sifted ( I use 1 cup ap & 1 cup whole wheat)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. bakin powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. bakin soda
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, old fashioned
2 T. wheat germ
2 T. flax seed
1 /2 cup chopped walnuts ( I only had almond slices so thats what I used and love em in it)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, chopped up (for 1 loaf)
Preheat oven to 325. Grease 2 loaf pans. (my favorite pans are 4x12, I have 4 of them my MIL found and bought me). Beat eggs,oil,sugar & vanilla in large bowl with mixer til foamy. Add zucchini to egg mixture. Combine flour, salt, bakin powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, bakin soda, oatmeal, wheat germ, flax seed in a separate bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to zucchini mixture beating continually until well mixed. Stir nuts into batter. Pour 1/2 batter into prepared loaf pan. Stir dark choc. chips in last 1/2 of batter, pour into the other prepared loaf pan. Bake 1 hour or until golden brown.
2 fresh eggs, beaten
1 cup oil (I use coconut, melted)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini (I use some I had froze last summer)
2 cups flour, sifted ( I use 1 cup ap & 1 cup whole wheat)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. bakin powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. bakin soda
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal, old fashioned
2 T. wheat germ
2 T. flax seed
1 /2 cup chopped walnuts ( I only had almond slices so thats what I used and love em in it)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, chopped up (for 1 loaf)
Preheat oven to 325. Grease 2 loaf pans. (my favorite pans are 4x12, I have 4 of them my MIL found and bought me). Beat eggs,oil,sugar & vanilla in large bowl with mixer til foamy. Add zucchini to egg mixture. Combine flour, salt, bakin powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, bakin soda, oatmeal, wheat germ, flax seed in a separate bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to zucchini mixture beating continually until well mixed. Stir nuts into batter. Pour 1/2 batter into prepared loaf pan. Stir dark choc. chips in last 1/2 of batter, pour into the other prepared loaf pan. Bake 1 hour or until golden brown.
Mmmmmmm! I LOVE zucchini bread! Sooooo good, and this really looks awesome!
ReplyDeleteHey girl, I had to do a search for this. I remembered you posting about it, but couldn't remember where it was! I googled ya and found it. I'm making this here in a bit. I'll let you know how yummy it is!! ;0)
ReplyDeleteI love zucchini bread, too. And I like all the extra special added goodies! Thank you for sharing your recipe.
ReplyDeleteBut I would really like to know where your MIL found those wonderful 4x12 pans. I have been longing to find some, myself. My mother use to make her Date Nut bread in a pan that size. I have her old pan. It is 65 years old and rusty now. I would love to find replacements. Any help you could give me would be most appreciated. Thank you, Jen.