Put 1 quart milk in stainless steel or enamel pan. Heat to 170°F. Stir in the juice of 2 lemons for 15 minutes. If stringy curds do not form, add more lemon juice. Pour mixture into colander lined with cheesecloth. Drain over a bowl for at least 2 hours. The drained curds will give about ½ cup of mild cheese to use as cream cheese or like cottage cheese. Refrigerate.
* I think next time I'm only gonna let it drain til no more whey is dripping, not the 2 hours. I wonder if that will keep is spreadable? Mine was crumbly, before I put it in my lil mold, which is fine... I think it would taste good sprinkled in some hot pasta or a salad.
** After it drained & I put it in a bowl I mixed some dried basil, garlic powder, sea salt & pepper to it... I plan on experimenting with different spices & herbs.
*** If you have a favorite goat cheese recipe please email it to me, I love tryin new things
I saved the whey & today I'm gonna try to make alittle ricotta
* I think next time I'm only gonna let it drain til no more whey is dripping, not the 2 hours. I wonder if that will keep is spreadable? Mine was crumbly, before I put it in my lil mold, which is fine... I think it would taste good sprinkled in some hot pasta or a salad.
** After it drained & I put it in a bowl I mixed some dried basil, garlic powder, sea salt & pepper to it... I plan on experimenting with different spices & herbs.
*** If you have a favorite goat cheese recipe please email it to me, I love tryin new things
I saved the whey & today I'm gonna try to make alittle ricotta

Thank you so much for sharing this Jen! I absolutely an drooling all over the computer keyboard. I LOVE LOVE LOVE goat cheese, and I've never had any THIS fresh!!!
ReplyDeleteI want to try this!!!!
ReplyDeleteWell you go girl! That is awesome! I'm so happy my girls are with you!
ReplyDelete