Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Bakin Thanksgiving Stuffing Bread Today...


Seen this recipe  HM Whole Wheat Thanksgiving Stuffing Bread  a few years back on  A Southern English Garden Grows blog and been makin it ever since for our Thanksgiving dinner... so as soon as I get back home from takin Kaylin to work I'll be in the kitchen bakin the bread, Brian will be in the kitchen bakin his yummy Cheesecake later. 



This bread smells sooo good!

How I made/baked my Thanksgiving Stuffing Bread today is below.  After it cools I with cut it up to let dry.  Then tomorrow I'll add the cooked chopped up turkey meats (liver, heart, gizzard), cranberries and stock.....







For the original recipe click H-E-R-E


The bread recipe I use to make my Thanksgiving Stuffing Bread....

Italian Round Bread

  • Time 35 minutes
  • Serves 8

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
  • 2-3/4 cups water at 110 degrees
  • 1/2 cup dry milk
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 7-1/2 cups flour
  • Olive oil
  • 2 tsp poultry seasoning
  • 1/8 tsp Mrs. Dash
  • 1/2 tsp rosemary crushed
  • 1/2 black or white pepper
  • 1 chopped small onion
  • 3-4 ribs of celery chopped
How to make...

I sauteed my chopped cerley/onion in a hot skillet with alittle olive oil then preheat oven to 350.

  • Sprinkle yeast on water then stir to dissolve then add dry milk, sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups flour, poultry seasoning, Mrs. Dash, Rosemary, Pepper, sauteed onions/celery. 
    • Beat with mixer until smooth about 3 minutes.
    • Gradually add enough of remaining flour to make a soft dough that leaves sides of bowl.
    • Cover and let rest 15 minutes then knead until smooth and satiny about 5 minutes.
    • Divide dough in half and shape into flat circles about 10" across.
    • ***or do what I did & shape them into loaves. 
    • Place loaves onto cookie sheet which has been oiled with olive oil
    • Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.  Let cool.

2 comments:

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.