Thursday, July 30, 2009

HOW MANY OF MY FRIENDS HAVE PEOPLE IN THEIR LIVES THAT MAKE THEM FEEL BAD ABOUT THEMSELVES? HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH IT WHEN IT HAPPENS?

Here was my reply... dont think I have anyone in my life that makes me feel bad about myself.... besides my kids when they are mad at me or something... but thats just part of having kids. IF I had someone in my life that made me feel bad about myself I guess I would get them out of my life...........But I really dont do anything to feel bad about......

Then I got to thinking what do I feel bad about in my life... one thing that ALWAYS makes me feel bad when I start thinking about it is... that I dont work outside of our home and make extra money for us. I've been a stay at home mom for awhile now and really love, I truly believe thats Gods plan for me, but some people may think other wise... lol. Some people thing SAHM's dont do anything or they are lazy and say stuff like why dont you get a job... well let me tell you I do have a job and its a damn hard one! It only sucks cause I dont get paid, lol. But we are doing just fine....... yeah we cant go out and buy EVERYTHING our kids want, but they do have EVERYTHING they need. We cant just pick up and go on vacation... but who needs a vacation when you can live it everyday in your own yard? We cant just take the kids out and go shopping, out to eat (dont need to do that anyways... homecooking is soooo much better for ya :) ) ok so the kids dont think so but whatever, when they get jobs they can take their self (and us) out to eat :)
Anyways.... being a SAHM has really blessed my family and I believe my kids are better kids because I got to stay at home with them... I know where they are and what they are doing. (Not trying to make anyone feel bad or that I'm better than anyone, just sharing what works for our family). Our kids know that I am here for them (and Brian too since he just works in the other room, lol). If my family would stop to think about it we DO have alot to be thankful for like... we have a wonderful family life, 2 parents that have been happily in love together for almost 16 years, we finally got to move to our dream home, we have a wonderful garden that will feed us this winter, we have 5 freaking computers people, 5 tv's (2 that have cable), we have a wii and 2 playstations, good healthy food on our table everynight, gas in our car, wonderful family/friends that come down to visit us and God in our hearts... What more could you ask for?

So if our kids dont get the lastest jeans, shoes, clothes, fads.... is it going to matter in the next couple of years or when they grown up and look back on their lives......... NO! Whats going to matter is that they had parents that cared and loved them and spent time with them.

So thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sister!
    I was just talking about that with my friends...Stay home Mom is the hardest job in the world and we don't get paid !!!
    Bless you for your dedication to your family and not money.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.