


We planted 2800 beet seeds this summer, in 2 batches! Do ya think we love beets, lol Its a pain in the you know what to pick, twist of tops, clean, boil, skin, cut, put in canning jars, boil mixture and can BUT man do they taste sooo good and they are sooo pretty looking! ALOT of hard work goes into canning beets... and I've canned 30 quarts this year (and thats just beets, lol) I have lived in the kitchen this summer with all the veggies we have harvested. Our garden is almost done for the season... God blessed us with a great harvest again this year!
WOW! That is a lot of BEETS!
ReplyDeleteNice job! They look so pretty.
They look so pretty in the jars! Would you laugh at me if I told you I have never eaten a beet in my life?
ReplyDeleteCatalina - Thanks
ReplyDeleteDebbie - Thanks, lol no. I havent ate them since a kid until this summer...