Friday, February 12, 2010

Just trying to make it through the Teen years...

Meet The Teenagers...

Kaylin 15

Blake 13

Dylan 11

Nephew Cody 16

We are in the teen years with our kids...
and sometimes its like they really are from another planet! Sometimes I have no idea what to do or say to some of the things they are doing and saying, its crazy. For those of you who are not in the teen years with your children and you think its bad... cherish the moment you are in, it gets worse! Theres boyfriends, girlfriends, curfews, fighting, yelling, screaming, drinking, smoking, cussing, drugs, sex, back talking... are you scared yet? You should be, lol. The sad things is, its all just normal teenage behavior.

Now I have to say its not bad all the time, we do have some fun family moments but with 4 teenagers in the house theres alot of stress in the air and I'm always in the middle trying to be the peacemaker! I have alot of patience and I can over look alot of things they do and say because I know its just their age and it to shall pass... and I realize it wont matter in 5 mins. everything will be fine. I remember what its like to be a teenager trying to find yourself, trying to fit in. I had my fair share of fights with my sister, gosh how did our mom do it!?!?

Its funny I hear my kids say the samethings I said when I was their age... (Blake just said this the other day) "when I have kids I will let them do whatever they want!" LOL... No you wont. If you want to be a good, loving, caring parent to them. I know teenagers dont stop to think about whats getting ready to pop out of their mouths... hey I know a few adults that way too. The kids also say some pretty mean hurtful things to each other and us, I really try not to take it personally cause I know they really dont mean it, they are just caught up in the moment and arent really thinking about what they are saying. I know we're not all going to get along with each all the time and thats ok but I'm hoping we will always be there for one another and know that we all love and care for each other.

Brian and our kids are my whole life, I love them all so much and it breaks my heart when they argue, I dont know what to do, step in or stay out of it? I try not to let it hurt my feelings if they wont talk to me about their problems... but I do let them know I am here whenever they need me. I just want to be a good parent, teach our kids right from wrong, teach them respect and to take responsibility for their actions... I'm trying..........

2 comments:

  1. Oh good luck honey! My friend's daughter is 12 and she alone makes me dread when my 3 year old hits that age!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its truly one wild roller coaster ride! I love it but it sure does get stressful at times, lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.