Thursday, May 20, 2010

Strawberry Shortcakes

Buttermilk Biscuits Strawberry Shortcakes...


Mix these ingredients together in a bowl...
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. buttermilk
1 egg, beaten
3 tsp. baking powder
3 -4 c. flour (add 1 cup at a time and mix til stiff)

Roll out on floured surface, cut out.

I used a canning jar lid as my biscuit cutter and got 16 servings.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

Fresh strawberries from our strawberry patch

Just clean, slice, add 1/2 cup sugar and mix.
Refrigerate til ready to use.


Alright these were so yummy, we all really liked em. I will be making them all summer long. Cant wait for the wildberries to come in.

* Next time I make these I'm gonna make my biscuits thicker :)
I'd also like to try my hand at making hm cool whip.



2 comments:

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.