Kaylin asked me to make them cinnamon rolls for breakfast last Friday, for their 1st week back to school, shes so silly and I love her. I was up before 6:00 baking...
Cinnamon Rolls...
Combine 2 cups sifted ap flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1T. baking powder and 1/4 tsp.baking soda in a medium bowl and mix well. Add 1/4 cup oil and 3/4 cup of milk and stir until blended. Knead dough, on a lightly floured surface roll into 15/18 rectangle. Preheat oven to 400. Grease your baking dish(es) lightly. Spread 8T. (1 stick of butter), softened all over dough. Combine 3/4 sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon in a small bowl, mix well, sprinkle all over buttered dough. Roll up rectangle jelly roll style. Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices. Arrange the slices cut side down in your prepared baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 mins. Cool alittle, put on icing and enjoy :)
*** I mix up a block of soften cream cheese and powdered sugar for the icing.
I made these yesterday....oh soooo good. Next time I make them I will take pics and dedicate the post to you...thanks for sharing this recipe. And btw the cream cheese frosting...I coulda ate the whole bowl..Lol
ReplyDeleteAwwwww... Sweet :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made and liked them! I love cream cheese icing, Shhhhh I do lick the bowl IF the teenagers arent here to do it, lol