A nice summer dinner... good way to use up some garden fresh veggies.
I 1st learned how to make this dish from this recipe years ago, now I just do my own thing & use whatever I have on hand. A good hm crusty bread goes great with this dish... I didnt make any, I was being too lazy... Crochetin :)3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
6T cocoa
1 t salt
2 t soda
2 cups water
1/2 cup oil
2 T vinegar
2 t vanilla
Mix all by hand in a big bowl. Bake @ 350 for 30 - 35 minutes in 8 x 11 cake pan very moist and tasty.
Caramel Icing
* Time 10 minutes
* Serves 8
Ingredients
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup milk (hot)
* 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar (or as much as possible so you can still spread it)
How to make it
* Melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan. Add the brown sugar. Bring to boil and cook and stir for 1 minute.
* Cool for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
* Add the milk and beat until smooth. Beat in the powdered sugar until spreadable.
** I used 3 cups of powder sugar but next time I think 2 will do & not be so thick...
*** Cream cheese icing would taste great on this cake too :)
I love how the veggies are cut up. Do you have a slicer or did you do it by hand?
ReplyDelete