Friday, April 6, 2012

Pear Cinnamon Pudding Cake

My mommas here for the weekend & as I was cookin dinner she asked if we're havin any dessert... well I hadnt planned on any dessert tonight but since my momma asked I had to make something so I decided to go look around on Gramma's in the kitchen blog, I knew she'd have something yummy for us to try to. I looked around for a bit then decided on the Cinnamon Pudding Cake, I did add 1 duck egg to the recipe & I added about 2 huge scoops of Chunky Pearsauce to the topping mixture while it was boiling. If you want the original recipe check out her blog post.



The only thing missing was alittle scoop of yummy goat ice cream on top ;)


Pear Cinnamon Pudding Cake
Serves 12... give or take a few ;)

Cake Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
2 T. butter
1 cup milk
1 farm fresh egg
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t salt

Topping:
2 cups brown sugar
2 T butter
1 1/4 cup water
2 huge scoops of chunky pearsauce

Mix all the cake ingredients together and blend well. Pour into a greased 13"x9" baking pan, then combine topping ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil & pour mixture over the cake batter and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Your cake looks delicious!! I'm so happy your family liked it...and I can't wait to try your Chunky Pearsauce. My son has a pear tree in his back yard so I make a lot of pear bread. Now I have another recipe to help use up all the pears I get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing!! I will have to try with my homemade canned pear sauce from our pears trees. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.