Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Frittata, Collard Greens, Banana Ice Cream

Good summertime dinner & desert...
 Ham, cheese, red potato, squash Frittata & wilted collard greens (with ham, onions, garlic). This frittata was so yummy today & this is how I like my greens cooked now.  Clean, chop, saute til wilted in alittle olive oil, with onion, garlic & ham (give or take)... then throw in a scoop of bacon grease... so so good.  The link to the frittata recipe is here: Frittata and Cranberry Bread

Now for the dessert... all you need is some frozen banana slices & peanut butter... 




Slice & freeze bananas for a few hours or whatever, add to blender or food processor, blend on high, scrap down as needed & it will turn into banana ice cream... now the fun part, add whatever you think will taste good.  We picked peanut butter. I just scooped a big spoonful in & blended some more.  There ya go.  Easy Peasy :)

1 comment:

  1. We freeze bananas to make milkshakes (or smoothies) - just frozen bananas and milk to make it drinkable. My son loves adding peanut butter and a little chocolate syrup.
    However, I'm going to have to try it without the milk and see what we think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.