Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Soup & Indian Fry Bread

I threw all this in the crock this morning for a soup...  HM canned beef broth, frozen mixed veggies, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasoning, barley chopped collard greens & cooked sausage. Its a good thing I did, cause about an hour before dinner the electricity went off, lol I had wanted to make some bread to go with but hadnt yet... then I remembered a recipe I had looked up earlier Indian Fry Bread. I was gonna have my honey start a fire & I cook over it with one of my cast iron skillets but he thought of this instead...


 Our camp stove.  So I cooked outside, which was kinda nice... then that make me think I need an outside kitchen area, lol.  Maybe one day ;)




Soup and Fry Bread Was Good.  
Some of us even ate our fry bread with hm jam ;)

Indian Fry Bread

  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup warm water
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add warm water in small amounts and knead dough until soft but not sticky. Adjust flour or water as needed. Cover bowl and let stand about 15 minutes.
Pull off large egg-sized balls of dough and roll out into fairly thin rounds. Fry rounds in hot oil until bubbles appear on the dough, turn over and fry on the other side until golden.
Serve hot. Try brushing on honey, or making into an Indian Taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.