Thursday, August 23, 2012

Buttermilk Biscuits & Pear Butter


I had a batch of hm pear butter goin in the crock today and seen a Buttermilk Biscuit recipe on the Lazy J Bar C Farm blog and knew I had to make and try em ... Oooo my goodness they are sooo good, the whole family loved em.  We all want some buttermilk biscuits, sausage/gravy soon! I love the "baking mix" she uses, its gonna be used a lot in my kitchen.   Check out her blog and type in Baking Mix in the search bar... she has lots of yummy recipes she using it in.  I didnt have any buttermilk but I did have goat milk so I made my own buttermilk with this recipe Buttermilk Substitute 

 Heres how I make my Pear Butter... I just wash, peel, slice my pears. Fill my crock with pear slices, sugar, cinnamon, (to taste) then let cook for hours on high til the pears are soft or low overnight. Then take lid off, blend in crock with blender stick, let simmer til thick, then process.  Heres a good canning recipe to follow  for Pear or Apple Butter.  

I processed 6 jelly jars of pear butter today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.