Monday, June 14, 2010

Fuirt Pizza And Wild Blackberries...

Fruit Pizza
A Nice Cool Summertime Treat...
Its a baked sugar cookie crust. Cream cheese icing. Whatever fruit you have on hand :)

Our Wild Blackberries Are In Season...
Picked 1 gallon of wild blackberries and wild black raspberries yesterday morning... gonna make some good jam later in the year!

Post from my other blog... Weeds And Chickens

6 comments:

  1. looks good. You are so lucky to have the blackberries on your land. Were they there when ya'll moved there? My MIL has some tame blackberry bushes. She has me some potted and ready to transplant this fall..I have a fence line cleared where I am going to put em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... we have wild blackberries, wild black raspberries and wild dewberries that grow ALL OVER our yard and I do mean ALL OVER! I love it... God really blessed us when we moved here, I think about that when I'm out pickin. Theres enough for me to pick my heart out and the ones I cant get to are for the birds and critters. Now we did plant a tame blackberry bush too and its doing great this year and we planted 1 green grape vine that is doing great too... Good go pick berries now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... that looks yummy! Thanks for the "how-to". My sister is coming to visit for several days and I bet she would enjoy that pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shes gonna love it! We've already ate 2, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So on the pizza did you put jam or jelly on top of the cream cheese icing before the fruit? It kinda looked that way to me.

    Also, since your berries are wild and were not planted in a organized way. If you were to plant a BUNCH of berries would you do rows with a trellis type system or plant them another way to make picking easier?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Angie, I used a can of cherry pie filling on that pizza, it was good on it.

    If I had a choice I would plant them in rows with a trellis, it would be alot easier for pickin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.