
Broccoli Spinach Chicken Casserole & Plantains (Original recipe here Broccoli Casserole)
Mixture...
2 heads of fresh broccoli, cooked & drainedRaw fresh spinach, cooked & drained
About 2 cups of shredded homegrown chicken ( I had in the freezer)
About 1 cup of mayo
1 can cream of mushroom
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese, cheddar, colby whatever you have on hand ( I shred my own, taste way better)
2 eggs, scrambled... remember farm fresh is best ;)
salt, pepper to taste
Topping...
around 2 tablespoons of melted real butter... not the plastic crap
a tube of round crackers, crushed
Preheat oven to 350, spray a 9 x 13 bakin dish. Mix up your mixture, pour into backin dish, mix up cracker topping, sprinkle over mixture, put in oven, bake 35 mins. Good Stuff.
* Usually I just make the broccoli casserole as a side dish But then sometimes like today I make it the main dish & add different things to it... cooked, crumbled sausage instead of the chicken is good too.
** To cook Plaintains, 1st make sure they are ripe, the blacker the better... then cut the ends off, slice down one side of the skin, peel skin off, slice plantain in half, sprinkle with salt & pepper, heat oil in a skillet, med heat, add sliced plantains, squish it down alittle, fry til brown, flip, season & fry other side.
*** If ya want a sweet Plaintain, sprinkle with alittle cinnamon/sugar instead of the salt/pepper, also I think alittle honey drizzled on top would be mighty tasty :)
I love all the pics added as one, what do you use to make that?
ReplyDelete