Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Terrarium

While at Peddlers Mall end of last month we bought a cute lil egg basket & we bought this huge fish bowl, we also found a small glass plate for a top because we were gonna make a Terrarium... I've wanted to make one for years now.


You need a container with lid, small plants, then later 1/2 inch of stone, then 1/2 inch horticulture charcoal, then 1 1/2 inches of potting soil. Add plants. We added moss too, keeps moisture in & looks pretty. After its done moisten (not drench) the soil & cap the jar. Put terrarium in a well lit place, not direct hot sunlight. Keep eye on it, if moisture beads up on glass uncap jar & let dry out. Then add less water than 1st time. If beading doesnt reoccur, water plants occasionally with a mister (once every 2-4 weeks should be good).

More pics H-E-R-E

1 comment:

  1. I never succeeded with terrariums. I did good with aquariums, though.
    Your terrarium looks pretty neat. Good luck with it!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.