Sourdough Buttermilk Biscuits
3 cups flour
1 and 1/2 Tbsp salt
3 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 cup starter
1 cup buttermilk
Mix all dry ingredients together. Cut butter into dry ingredients. Add starter and buttermilk and mix until soft dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Use only enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands. Do not knead the flour in the dough. The less flour you use to handle the dough the better. Excess flour will make your biscuits heavy and tough. I poured my dough out onto a piece of lightly floured wax paper, pinch some off and shape into biscuits. Put on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15-20 mins. ( I baked mine for 15 mins.)
I got 24 biscuits out of my dough.
3 cups flour
1 and 1/2 Tbsp salt
3 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1 cup starter
1 cup buttermilk
Mix all dry ingredients together. Cut butter into dry ingredients. Add starter and buttermilk and mix until soft dough forms. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Use only enough flour to keep dough from sticking to your hands. Do not knead the flour in the dough. The less flour you use to handle the dough the better. Excess flour will make your biscuits heavy and tough. I poured my dough out onto a piece of lightly floured wax paper, pinch some off and shape into biscuits. Put on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15-20 mins. ( I baked mine for 15 mins.)
I got 24 biscuits out of my dough.
Yummy..those are good! I made some more starter awhile ago and I am gonna try a bread recipe. I also made some yogurt..Lol! So good...we sweeten ours as we use it though. And I got a quart of buttermilk makin now too.
ReplyDeleteGonna post about it soon : )
Have you tried the homeade yogurt yet?
Its raining here..ballpark shut down today and hubby is still outta town, so I have been experimenting today! I feel like the mad scientist! Lmao ; )
Thanks Girl... the whole family loved em. So I'm gonna keep making em. Cant wait to see your post... I do make a crock pot yogurt.
ReplyDelete