Friday, January 8, 2010

If we are going to have snow...

Might as well make SNOW CREAM...

First send one of the kids out (one you can trust!) to collect a huge bowl of fresh clean snow... dont want any yellow stuff!

Then in another bowl mix together 2 cups milk, 1 cup sugar and vanilla... we start off with 1 tsp. and taste it to see if we need more.

Then start mixing in the snow...

and you have Snow Cream!

My taste tester...

My bowl...
I havent ate Snow Cream since I was in 4th or 5th grade!

Heres bowl from another batch we made this morning (I think we are getting addicted) lol. This time we made it with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk, 2 tsp vanilla and candies (alittle m & m's and choc. chips) I like the choc. chips better...

Kaylin is making our 3rd batch of Snow Cream as I type!!!

6 comments:

  1. You put a smile on my face -- one you could trust :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But its soooo true Genea, lol. If I would have sent my boys out to collect clean snow they would have brought back yellow snow! Just for the heck of it! BOYS....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow cream? Sounds interesting and looks pretty yummy...especially with the sweet milk. Been reading on your blog awhile(few months) and I just started figuring this comment thing out...lol. You always have sum great recipes by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you tberry29...
    I love to cook/bake and try new recipes with everyday ingredients or stuff from our garden.
    Try the snow cream... I think everyone should atleast once in their life, its cool! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jen! I always thought snow cream was a southern thing. Most other people I have known didn't know what it was! That's an "every snow" thing here. Looks yummy, and I can't wait for the next decent snow!! Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay...
    I live in Kentucky, learned about snow cream when I was alittle girl... lol Some people think we are weird for making it, oh well they just dont know what they are missing! yum yum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.