Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Down Home Cookin...

I Love when we have dinner and no one complains...
it doesn't happen very often!

Cornflake Coated Chicken Tenders
Mash Potatoes
Homegrown Green Beans
Creamy Cheese Corn
Homemade Dinner Roll

*Cornflake coated chicken tenders: I soaked the chicken tenders in milk for a couple of hours, then crushed some cornflakes in a plastic bag, added alittle flour, paprika, garlic powder, oregano, pepper and alittle salt. When it was time to start dinner just preheat the oven, shake tenders in bag, put on wire rack over baking pan and bake.

*Creamy cheese corn: Tonight I used 3 cans of corn (2 drained) bring to boil, lower to a simmer and add 2 packages of cream cheese, stir and cook until melted... yum.

P.S. I havent forgotten about the dinner rolls or oatmeal cake recipes...

2 comments:

  1. Looks good but.....cream cheese in corn, butter in the mashed potatos and probably on the greens too. Watch the cholesterol count :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Cholesterol good... Doctor said its GREAT earlier this year :) We dont eat like this every night... and no butter green beans. Cream cheesy corn is a special treat, cause I know is fating :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.