Monday, March 7, 2011

A life changing moment in our life.

The summer of 2007 was a life changing moment for our family, we were finally able to move after 13 1/2 years of dreamin about it. So every weekend that summer we loaded the kids in the car and drove all over the place lookin at land, until we found the right place for our family & something we could afford. We found it in the country, an hour away from where we lived our whole lives, an hour away from all our family & friends and about an hour away from any big stores, lol. But we new it would be ok and we would love it! We came from the city, but country has been livin in our hearts forever! This is the life we were meant to live, just wish we could have done it sooner. But that wasnt Gods plan for us then, I truly believe he had us stay so long at our old house so we would become a close family (not many places to hide in a cracker jack box) and so we could help our family when they needed us the most. Now its our time.

Heres what our land looked like the 1st time we saw it...

"Beautiful"













I knew we were gonna love this place the first time we drove up to look at it and I saw the neighbors cow runnin over the hill to get us, I yelled run the cows gonna get us, lol. (inside family joke)

I've got more pictures to share...
Stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you really carved your place out! I can't wait to see more pics! You are so right, they say love grows best in little houses and I think it's true! Look at that red dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we did. I've got alot more to show, lol. I truly believe that too, dont think we'd be the family we are today without living there all those years! Oooo girl yes we got the red dirt, that makes red clay mud when it rains, get it on you and it sticks like glue! But things sure do grow good in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we go to Florida we go through Alabama, of course, and we marvel over that red dirt! Our is blacker than black here. I always wondered if you had to do anything different to garden in red dirt!

    We've gone through trials as well that have really cemented our bond. God knows what He's doing that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our garden area is not red dirt but nice pretty dark dirt. But the berry bushes, grape vine, flowers all grow good in the red dirt.

    Yes he does :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.