Monday, March 21, 2011

Overnight Cinnamon Rolls...

We had these on Sunday... I love that you get the recipe all together the night before, then put them in the fridge til mornin. Get up, take em out of the fridge, let set for about 30 mins. then bake. When done, let cool, slap some homemade icing on top, sit back & enjoy.


The Family Really Liked Em

Overnight Cinnamon Rolls

Dough:
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/2 cup white sugar
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 eggs

Filling:
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, room temperature

Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Stir in butter until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.

In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add eggs and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, adding more flour as needed, about 5 minutes.

Cover the dough and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together filling ingredients.

Roll out dough into a 9×12 inch rectangle. Spread dough evenly with filling mixture. Roll up dough from the long end and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place cut side up in a 9×12″ baking pan. Cover and pit in fridge overnight.

The next morning, remove cinnamon rolls from the fridge and let sit on the counter for about 30 minutes to take the chill off. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned. Meanwhile mix up cream cheese icing (or whatever icing your gonna use) Remove rolls from oven, let cool alittle, top with icing. Serve warm.

*Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe

Ingredients
* 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), room temperature
* 8 oz of Philly cream cheese (1 package), room temperature
* 2 - 3 cups of powdered sugar
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

1 With an electric mixer, mix the butter and cream cheese together, about 3 minutes on medium speed until very smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.

2 Add the vanilla extract and mix. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Keep adding until you get to desired sweetness and thickness. Spread on and enjoy :)

5 comments:

  1. These look so yummy. I just posted about loosing my motivation to cook since Spring has sprung and I NEED to start cooking again not only for our budget that has been shot to pieces with a machine gun but for the sake of us eating healthier. Thank you for this!! I might just make these tonight. Do you think I could make them this afternoon and it still work for the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, they look yummy! good recipe, too. Unfortunately, I am on Weight Watchers diet right now. GOT to move some of this #'s off. And hubby said he'd go on it with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Angie & Sunny

    Angie: Hope you make me and see how ya'll like em. I got mine ready the afternoon before & I let them sit out longer than 30 mins. the next mornin.

    Sunny: Good luck on WW, great program! Dh & I did it together years go when we both we're on the chunky size :)

    Hey I only ate 2 of these... been eatin alot of salad this week too, as of this mornin I'm down 3 lbs. that I gained from too much eatin out over the past 2 weeks. Its so much better to eat at home with homemade foods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooo hoo those look good! I also like that you mix them up the night before. Otherwise if you want cinnamon rolls for breakfast, you wind up eating at 11 AM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Goodwife, they are good. I so love that about this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.