Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall... A Chicken Stew

I love Fall (and Spring, Summer... Winter not so much). I love the cool weather. You get to wear jeans and hoodies. You get to make soup's, stew's, chili's, yum. I love sittin around the bonfire snuggled up with a blanket. I love that I can sit outside and crochet without sweatin or the yarn stickin to my fingers. I love the crisp mornins... I get up before everyone, grab my coffee and sit outside to watch the world wake up around me. I love sittin down at our fire pit in the cool evenings watchin the sun go down, the stars come out and eating S'mores. I love watchin the leaves turn colors... I just love the smell of Fall... Pumpkin and apple pie, pumpkin patches, hay rides, hiking in the woods... Oh my I'm ready for Fall!


Made this the other day... Great For Fall.

A Chicken Stew

6 boneless, skinless chicken tenders, 1 or 2 bell peppers sliced, 1 onions sliced, 2-3 carrots sliced, zucchini chunked up, 2 (16 oz) cans of your favorite beans, drained and rinsed (I used kidney and black beans, thats what I had on hand) 1 quart of tomatoes or any style (14.5 oz ) of canned tomatoes, some garlic, salt, black pepper ,some dried basil or Italian seasoning.

Throw all ingredients into a slow cooker, stir and cover with lid; cook on low heat for 7- 8 hours. Bake some cornbread... and before serving chunk up the chicken.

* Makin Chili today to go with the Firecrackers






8 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try this...We are havin leftovers today, so maybe tomorrow ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... Come on, Fall! Jeans and a sweat-shirt, thats me.
    New take on the stew, sounds good and I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked the schedule and I think Friday we will be smelling this cook all day.

    Thank you for this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope all ya'll like it... change it up with whatever you have on hand, thats how I do alot of my cookin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I just printed the recipe out for tomorrow..I was lookin...Do you not add any water? I don't wanna botch the recipe, thats why I ask.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Trish... I was wondering that too earlier when I looked the recipe back over. Nope, no water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I made this......and it was so good. I only got one bowl, I planned on takin any leftovers to MIL's house when we canned for our lunch the next day. hmmmmm, Well there wasnt one single drop left thanks to hubby and boys...It was that good. I swapped corn for the zuchinni chunks..but other than that all the same..Hubs had a request that it was more juicer to sop his cornbread... so next time I think I will add a can of chicken broth at the end.
    Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you all liked it...I may have threw in some chicken broth, I honestly cant remember or it might made a difference that I used frozen chicken that day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.