Monday, October 4, 2010

Loaded "Baked Potato" Soup... Yuck!

Well we tried this kraft.com microwavable recipe tonight, heres the link to the recipe if ya wanna check it out... Loaded "Baked Potato" Soup This recipe is not good... for one thing they have you leave the potato skin on and in my normal potato soup I of course peel the skin off. I should have known this was not gonna be a good recipe right then and there. Then its not thick and cream at all like potato soup is suppose to be, its like water. I will NEVER make this recipe again. I really didnt even want to serve this to my family, thank goodness we didnt have company over for dinner, we made the best of it and ate it with sour cream, bacon bits, green onions and grilled cheeses. Dessert was great... Texas Style Banana Puddin.



It would have been soooo much better without the skins and thicker.

*************************************************
We are still without a stove top. I didnt cook Saturday cause I wasnt here (Brian grilled for him and they boys)... Kaylin, Momma and I went up to stay the night with my sister Crystal and her kids and our brother Aaron hung out with us. It was really nice, we had a great time. Crystal and I took Kaylin to get her nose pierced and out to lunch. Kaylin has wanted a tattoo or her nose pierced for acouple of years now so I told her for her 16th b-day I would take her to do the nose, were gonna wait on the tattoo. I've told her when shes turns 18 we can do that... I think teenagers should wait for things like these and do them at appropriate ages, but thats just me. My thinkin is if they do it all when they are young then what do they have to look forward to as they get older... I know some people might put me down as a parent for letting her get her nose pierced and think thats shes some wild teenager but shes not, shes a really good girl, we have a really good mother/daughter relationship and if this is the worse thing she does right now then I feel so proud and blessed.

My Beautiful Daughter with her little nose chip
(It hurt, lol)

4 comments:

  1. Cute nose ring. My lil sister has one. She's 20 now, cant remember when she got it though. Ahhh I wouldnt worry bout what others think, lifes to short to worry bout other ppl's opinions anyhow ; )
    I have got to say....her eyes are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Trish. Shes our only blue eyed child, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter has GORGEOUS EYES! Wow, such a beauty. Speaking as a lady with 5 tattoos and my cartlige in my ear pierced I totally understand that she's a good girl. I'm a good girl too, who just happens to like stuff like that.
    It's probably good to have her wait on the tat though, just so that she doesn't get some "fad" type thing that she might regret when she gets older. My first tattoo is on my right calf and I got it for my first Mother's day when I was 22!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Too Goodwife. I only have 1 tattoo and I got it when I turned 30, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.