Friday, October 1, 2010

Our Stove Is Broke...

Yep thats right we have no stove now. Ds11 dropped a marble rolling pin on it and shattered the glass top 2 nights ago, its an electric stove. I knew what happened as soon as I heard the noise and couldnt believe it, I still dont believe it happened until I walk by it and see. I know it was an accident but it sucks. We really dont have alot of money to spend on a stove, I dont know what we are going to do right now but we will figure out something. So I've got to think of some dinner recipes to cook without using a stove. I'm using alot of crockpot recipes, we do have our camp stove I can use and I have an electric griddle and toaster oven, the microwave and we have the grill outside. Dont know how much you use your stove/oven til its gone! lol



I'm trying to look at this as an adventure... what kind of yummy meals can I fix for my family without a stove. My motto... Always look on the bright side of things... To every cloud there is a silver linin

Tonights Dinner...
Slow-Cooker Lasagna, salad and leftover dinner rolls from the other day.


8 comments:

  1. Looking on the bright side is all we can do! I know what you mean though, you don't know how much you use it till it's gone. Our fridge broke a few weeks ago and we had to keep our stuff in coolers for about 3 days. That was not fun! Maybe you could try craigslist for a used stove?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! How's the weather for grilling outdoors?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would turn to all the yummy things that you make when you go camping. I am figuring that the weather is nice and cool in the evenings so why not use the fire pit and that HUGE bench to make some good recipes. We love this thing called a HoBo dinner. I made them in Girl Scouts and we make them every time we camp. Just take a big piece of tin foil 1/4 lb of ground meat, add some seasoning to it and stick it in the center of the tin foil, put your favorite veggies around it. We like to do mushrooms, diced potatoes, carrots, onions and green peppers. Wrap the tin foil up tight and put it next to the coals or on a grate above the fire. The juices from the meat cooks the veggies and it is oh so good. Yummy, my mouth is watering now.

    You just gotta really think out of the box. Good luck and I am excited about this struggle because I know you will come up with so many new recipies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Everyone...

    Goodwife: I bet that wasnt fun, having to use coolers, just like camping though, lol.

    Jennifer: Weathers great for grilling :)

    Angie: We love hobo packets too! They are great, we eat them everytime we camp... we do one with smoked sausage and veggies, yum-o. Tonight we will be having S'mores down at the firepit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the stove, Jen! Praying that you're able to get it replaced in a decent amount of time and until then, I look forward to seeing the creative ideas you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no...sorry bout the stove. Hope all goes well and you can get another soon, until then let us know whats for supper...I love my crockpot and could use some new recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.