Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Roasted Chicken Dinner

Dinner tonight was made with 2 of our farm fresh chickens. I've had 4 of them soakin in salt water in the fridge since last Saturday.

I just clean my chicken, season it real good with whatever I have on hand (tonight it was salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning), cut and squeeze 1 or 2 lemons on them (then stuff it in the cavity), cut up my veggies throw in pan, season them... add about a cup of chicken broth or water, cover with foil and baked at 350 for about 4 hours (this was for 2 chickens). When they were done I just let cool for a min. shredded the meat up and add it back to my veggies. It was really good (save the chicken carcass to make hm chicken stock, blog later this week).





We also had green beans, leftover ramen noodle salad and hm dinner rolls. I also had some leftover cookie dough in the freezer that I thawed out in the fridge today to bake after dinner... Oatmeal Choc. Cherry Cranberry

3 comments:

  1. Looks like another great recipe...; )
    Does fresh bird taste different to you than ur average store bought chicken? Just curious, I've never eaten one that was homwgrown, so to speak.
    But I have eaten homegrown pork, and it didnt taste the same at all. Maybe it was how they processed it or cooked it, but I couldnt eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Girls...

    Trish, it is how you cook it. I really like roasting them, I dont know, it taste like chicken, lol. You would just have to try it. Also the dark meat on homegrown chicken is alittle different than store bought chicken.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for takin the time to visit and comment on my blog, I hope you stop by again.