So since Our Stove Is Broke I've collected some crock pot recipes and here is one of them we tried today. Go here for the recipe Slow-Cooker Lasagna. Now I added shredded carrots and a small can of mushrooms to the meat sauce and spinach to the cheese mixture. I cooked the hamburger in the microwave. We had leftover dinner rolls I had made earlier this week and salad. I fed 8 people tonight and we all like it.
Slow-Cooker Lasagna
what you need
1
lb. ground beef or sausage
1
jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1
cup water
1
container (15 oz.) Ricotta Cheese, (when I can I use Farmer Goat Cheese)
1
pkg. (7 oz.) Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/4
cup Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1
egg
2
Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
6
lasagna noodles, uncooked
make it
BROWN meat in large skillet; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Mix ricotta, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, egg and parsley.
SPOON 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with layers of half each of the noodles (broken to fit) and cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles (broken to fit), cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.
COOK on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered, 10 min. or until melted.
The mums are pretty..Love orange. Gonna try this recipe. That supper looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks Trish... love orange too. Let me know how your family likes the recipe.
ReplyDeleteMmmm, it looks really yummy! I just love frozen spinach, it is so good and it really reminds me of cheese, the texture. I know I'm crazy! LOL! Your mum is lovely! I like mums but never seem to have luck with them!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful weekend!
Thanks Goodwife, I ♥ spinach too.
ReplyDelete